lucene-general mailing list archives

From David Alyea <dal...@gmail.com>
Subject How to wildcard
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 17:44:51 GMT
I'm coming from the world of having perfected grep searching,
and now I'm using solr with great results so far.  Still, I have some
searches I'm trying to figure out.

My users might be searching for:

Exustar SM312 Carbon Mountain Bike Shoes

by typing in the search "sm3 carbon".  Then want to see
all the SM312, SM345, SM389 and other matching shoes.

Right now, my solr search misses all of these shoes.  My solr
setup is pretty standard, I've only added these filters to my
main text search field:

to index:
<filter class="solr.PorterStemFilterFactory"/>
<filter class="solr.KStemFilterFactory"/>
<filter class="solr.EnglishMinimalStemFilterFactory"/>

to query:
<filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="English" />

Any recommendations on how to handle wildcarding in this case?