lucene-general mailing list archives

From Paul Jungwirth ...@illuminatedcomputing.com>
Subject Re: How to query a lucene index from JavaScript (no server or jvm)?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:59:01 GMT
> I have been asked to "develop a HTML page with a Search textbox to search
collection of HTML files without using a Server"

That sounds very tricky! This is client-side Javascript, right? I don't
know how JS running in someone's web browser could access your Lucene index
without a server making it available. If you want an easy server solution,
Solr and ElasticSearch are both good options that expose Lucene to remote
clients, with web-based APIs you could call directly from client-side
Javascript. Or you could send the JS calls to whatever you're using to
serve the HTML pages, and have that use Lucene/Solr/ES/etc. behind the
scenes.

Good luck,
Paul