lucene-general mailing list archives

From timd <timdavi...@msn.com>
Subject Choosing the right project
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 08:13:18 GMT
Hello all,

I am planning to build a general purpose search engine, where rankings for
certain types of online resources (e.g. cll phones) will be boosted based on
an external rating.

I am therefore looking for the right search index software (Solr or
ElasticSearch) that can provide such boosting option and the right crawler
(Nutch or Heritrix) that can extract ratings for certain products from other
sites.

What solution package would you recommend?

I very much appreciate your help on this.