lucene-general mailing list archives

From dcgoodwin <dennis.good...@sas.com>
Subject How to query a lucene index from JavaScript (no server or jvm)?
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 14:23:26 GMT
I have been asked to "develop a HTML page with a Search textbox to search a
collection of HTML files without using a Server". Lets say the number of
HTML files are less than 500 and the file size is less than .5 Mbyte.

I am creating a Lucene index from the set of HTML files from Java when I
generate the HTML files from XML source files. I am not seeing how to query
the Lucene index from JavaScript only (no server of jvm). I am thinking I
need to create 1 or more XML files from the Lucene index and use JavaScript
to load-up the XML files to perform a search.

Please let me know if this sounds reasonable given the constraints and if
folks have tried this before.