lucene-general mailing list archives

From Paul Jungwirth ...@illuminatedcomputing.com>
Subject Search Documents by Scored Tags?
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 17:16:19 GMT
Hello,

I have documents with various tags, and each tag has a numeric score,
so one document might be tagged "sports:20, entertainment:5,
football:10", and another "entertainment:8, tv:4". I'd like to let
people search by one or more tags, e.g. "football tv", and have the
results sorted with higher-scored tags first. I thought I could do
this by adding a separate Field for each tag (all named "tag" or
whatever), and then boosting the fields according to their score. Does
that seem like a good approach, or is there some cleaner way? I've
been reading the Lucene in Action book and looking through the online
docs, but I haven't found this usage scenario anywhere.

Thanks,
Paul

--
Pulchritudo splendor veritatis.