lucene-general mailing list archives

From Lee <lee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Lucene for File Name indexing / searching only
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 07:50:28 GMT
Hi Bernd

If all you want to do is search files by name, Lucene is not the tool
for you.

Lucene is a very powerful document search library.

You would have to code using Lucene to write your tool, it does not
plug-and-play.

It would be quicker and more efficient to write your own routine to list
the directory and run a regular expression on the file names.

Even if the directory listing is extremely large (which is a bad idea
anyway), or needs to be watched, it will still be easier to write your
own tool than use Lucene.

I hope that helps
Lee