lucene-general mailing list archives

From Bernd Kappler <bernd.kapp...@genedata.com>
Subject Re: Using Lucene for File Name indexing / searching only
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 07:32:51 GMT
Hi Danil,

thank's for your quick response. Indeed: a library is what I am looking
for - since I want to make use of it from within a server based java
application.
When I read the Lucene documentation, I became confident that Lucene
*can* do this job. My question is more: is it the best library for this
task? Since this uses only a subset of the functionality Lucene was
designed for, Lucene might not be optimized for this.
Do you know, if there are other java libraries available that are
desingned and optimized for searching files by name? Or do you think
that Lucene - while being optimized for indexing file contents - will do
also a great job on this specific sub task?

Thanks and regards

Bernd