lucene-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Search Documents by Scored Tags?
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 18:13:03 GMT
In Solr syntax:
<field name="category" boost="8">entertainment</field>
<field name="category" boost="4">tv</field>
<field name="category" boost="20">sports</field>
<field name="category" boost="5">entertainment</field>

That way: category(football tv) would do as you require, and would boost
football above TV.

That is - use index time boosts on your fields when you add them.

Upayavira