lucene-general mailing list archives

From Kuo-Hua Robert Tseng <rtseng1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Question on retrieving large number of Geospatial results on SOLR3x + SOLR-2155
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 07:12:34 GMT
Hi All,

New to Solr here! I have a question on retrieving large number of results.  I am indexing
and querying multivalued geospatial points however I do not know how many hits will return
ahead of time and I love to retrieve all of them.  What's the best approach to do this?

Should I perform two queries, one to get total number of hits and a second query with max
row set to total number of hits?  Or should I chunk up the retrieve with a smaller max row
until all rows are retrieved?

Thanks,

Robert