lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: September Board Report Due
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:44:15 GMT
: I'm overdue (it was due on Wednesday the 12th), so I'd like to send this
: to the board later today (Friday the 14th).  If you need more time,
: please say so ASAP.

Is the PMC no longer getting automated emails informing us of hte
reporting date, or did mine just get lost in the mail?

seems fine to me.

: I'd appreciate any opinions about the above list.  I recall seeing some
: discussion about TMs' inclusion in logos a while back, but I don't
: remember whether there was any resolution - is this controversial?  The
: above-linked requirements seem pretty unambiguous about the need to do
: this.

there was a lot of discussion, much of it contoversial since there didn't
seem to be any definitive rhyme/reason/purpose for adding TM to the logos
and people thought it made them look ugly.  A concrete question that was
never answsered: why should we add TM to all the logos when (aparently)
you can have trademark a logo w/cluttering that logo by putting "TM" in it
every time you use it.  (ie: the google logo on on, the ford
logo on, etc...)

It's worth noting as an specific example: the ASF feather on still does not include a "TM" even though the sentence
"Apache and the Apache feather logo are trademarks of The Apache Software
Foundation" has been on the home page for as long as i can remember.

View raw message