lucene-general mailing list archives

From Osullivan L. <L.Osulli...@swansea.ac.uk>
Subject Custom Filter Indexing Slow
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 09:57:40 GMT
Hi Folks,

I have a custom filter which does everything I need it to but it has reduced my indexing speed
to a crawl. Are there any methods I need to call to clear / clean things up once my script
(details below) has done it's work?

Thanks,

Luke

  public LCCNormalizeFilter(TokenStream input)
    {
        super(input);
        this.charTermAttr = addAttribute(CharTermAttribute.class);
    }

    public boolean incrementToken() throws IOException {

    	if (!input.incrementToken()) {
	    return false;
    	}

    	char[] buffer = charTermAttr.buffer();
    	String rawLCcallnum = new String(buffer);
    	String normalizedLCcallnum = getLCShelfkey(rawLCcallnum);
    	char[] newBuffer = normalizedLCcallnum.toCharArray();
        charTermAttr.setEmpty();
        charTermAttr.copyBuffer(newBuffer, 0, newBuffer.length);
        return true;
    }