lucene-general mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Analyzer Strategy?
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 12:56:45 GMT
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 7:16 AM, Lee Goddard <leegee@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> New to Lucene development, though I have been an indexing user for some
> years, I find a need to develop an analyzer that reads a bespoke-format
> (binary) file. I was wondering:

Hello: usually you would not process such a binary file with an
analyzer, you would parse the binary file into the Fields you care
about and then add them to your Document.

The analyzer is separate from that "parsing", its the way you specify
text preprocessing at both index and query time like lowercasing,
stemming, etc.

Start with http://lucene.apache.org/core/3_6_1/api/core/org/apache/lucene/analysis/package-summary.html#package_description

> * Is it possible to send the output of one analyzer to another, and if so,
> is it possible to have that chain defined in the configuration of Lucene (or
> Solr...), or would it need to be hard-coded?

you can configure your analysis chain declaratively in Solr in a
configuration file.

--
lucidimagination.com