lucene-general mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Lucene be used where each entity to be ranked is a set of documents?
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:36:35 GMT
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 7:42 AM, shashank <shashank91.bits@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a project wherein each entity to be ranked is not a single
> document but infact a group of documents.
>
> So, the ranking not only involves standard search engine scoring parameters
> but also the association of documents within an entity/group i.e.
> association of documents within the group also contributes to the ranking
> score.

You may want to look at Lucene's block join module
(http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0-BETA/join/index.html): combined
with IndexWriter's add/updateDocuments functionality which lets you
add documents as a 'group'.
Currently I think the way in which the group is scored is just an enum
with a fixed set of choices (ScoreMode), so you might have to modify
the source code at the moment if you have a sophisticated way of
scoring the group of documents, but this would be nice to fix so that
its something extensible...

--
lucidworks.com