lucene-general mailing list archives

From Rishi <kapur....@gmail.com>
Subject storing Java object (arraylist) in document and be able to search data inside it.
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 03:22:31 GMT
I have the following object hierarchy and would like to search across all
fields. I have to store and index all fields. I am using lucene 3.6.1 with
JDK 1.6 on linux.

Patient object
    - id
    - first name
    - last name
    - dob
    - AddressList(arrayList)
        - addressLine1
        - adressLine2
        - city
        - state
        - country
    - PhoneList (arrayList)
        - number
        - type

I am thinking of creating 1 document per patient object, adding fields like
id, firstName, lastName etc... to it but when it comes to adressList and
phoneList - It looks I have to seralize them as ByteArray and add to
document. Its fine - But I want to seach across the fields of these objects
as well. i.e. user could say "give a patient whose addressLine is "100 Main
street" or city:"new york"

1) How can I make these two fields indexable and store them as well?
2) If I seralize an object - will lucene be able to search inside that as
well?

Thank you so much for your help.
-rishi