lucene-general mailing list archives

From shashank <shashank91.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Can Lucene be used where each entity to be ranked is a set of documents?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 11:42:01 GMT
Hello,

I am working on a project wherein each entity to be ranked is not a single
document but infact a group of documents.

So, the ranking not only involves standard search engine scoring parameters
but also the association of documents within an entity/group i.e.
association of documents within the group also contributes to the ranking
score.

Calculation of association is something that is quiet specific to the
problem and i already have a working code for that.

I am just getting started with Lucene and hence i don't know if this
functionality can be achieved with Lucene.

I might have to play around with the scoring function/library. Anyone having
any experience with the same ?

Can it be done using Lucene?

Solr?

If not, please suggest me a way out for the same