lucene-general mailing list archives

From jellyman <colm_r...@hotmail.com>
Subject Lucene making reference to a .jar -- How do I this code?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:58:41 GMT
Hi,

	I have the Lucene source code successfully building inside Eclipse (using
ant & ivy). I wish to make a contribution to the lucene project and using
the principle of "follow the existing pattern" I need to put the source code
into the "commons-codec-1.6.jar" area.
	Now obviously, this is not possible so I need to get the source code for
this component. My first question is where do I get this?

	My second question after I have added the source code ie the .java file
contain the new functionality do I do a Source Attachment Configuration and
point it to the location of this java file from the main lucene project?

	Should I create another project next to the lucene project called something
like: "commons-codec" or something like that.

	Can anyone recommend the best practise as to what to do when I need to add
something to Lucene that is inside another jar? Would appreciate a little
handholding on this one as I'm still a bit of a newbie.

Thanks a mill,
jellyman