lucene-general mailing list archives

From bartlex <nab...@mlecza.newnetco.com>
Subject Multivalued attribute default
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 16:00:17 GMT
We are currently running on Solr 1.4.1.  I just downloaded Solr 3.6.1 to see
how well it plays with our current 1.4.1 index.

One thing I noticed is that 3.6 seems to be assuming my properties are
multivalued unless otherwise specified in the schema.xml.

For example, I have the following property
<field name="PerformedDate" type="tdate" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

When I try to do a query sorted by PerformedDate date I get a message
stating I cannot sort on a multivalued property.

If I change the schema to the following it the query works properly"
<field name="PerformedDate" type="tdate" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="false"/>

I thought the default for multiValued was false.  Is this not the case?

NOTE: I have not reindexed since upgrading to 3.6.  Is this my problem?

I'd rather not have to go through the schema.xml adding multiValued="false"
to 95% of my properties if I do not have to.