lucene-general mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: are Lucene indexing and search components thread-safe?
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 10:44:16 GMT
short answer is: yes! common search and indexing classes are
threadsafe! IndexWriter & IndexReader (IndexSearcher) can be shared
between threads. Any other particular class you are in doubt with?

simon

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Ilya Zavorin <izavorin@caci.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am looking for a definitive source on which Lucene core components involved in indexing
and search are thread safe. I did some google searches and found discussions of this here
and there but they don't give me a complete picture and are sometimes even contradictory.
I am currently using version 3.4 so is there a source of info on this topic for this version?