lucene-general mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject [Report] Apache Lucene
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2012 21:11:42 GMT
=== Lucene Status Report: March 2012 ===

TLP

We have added several new PMC members:

* Martijn van Groningen
* Dawid Weiss
* Jan J√łydahl

Trademarks:
We have not made progress on trademarks since the last board report, but
do intend to finish the necessary pieces.

    * Project Naming And Descriptions :
      We believe this is complete, but are still reviewing.
    * Website Navigation Links : navbar links included, link to
      www.apache.org included.
      Likely complete, but under review.
    * Trademark Attributions : attribution for all ASF marks included in
      footers, etc.
      The main TLP site is converted, subproject sites have not.
    * Logos and Graphics : include TM, use consistent product logo on your
      site In progress.  Some have been converted to have TM, some not.
      We don't seem to have ready volunteers on the graphical front,
      so it is slower than we'd like
    * Project Metadata : DOAP file checkedin and up to date
      Done

LUCENE JAVA/Solr

Lucene Java is a search-engine toolkit and Solr is a search server
built on top of Lucene. The community is very active. The community
has recently switched to the Apache CMS including several improvement
that increased the number of package downloads significantly.
The community is working towards a Lucene & Solr 3.6 release and plans
to branch trunk in preparation for a Lucene 4.0 Alpha release.

Additionally, we have added several new committers:

* David Smiley
* Christian Moen
* Sami Siren
* James Dyer
* Stefan Matheis
* Tommaso Teofili

Open Relevance Project

The Open Relevance Project is a project aimed at providing Lucene
and others tools for judging the quality of search and machine
learning approaches.  The community is not very active, but
we don't expect it to be very high volume either as it is a niche
area.

PyLucene

PyLucene is a Python integration of Lucene Java.  Development is
almost entirely an automated port, so this project will never
require a lot of developers.  The user community is active.