lucene-general mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Something for a beginner
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 16:06:27 GMT
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Alok Upadhyay <alok0412@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am a new to the lucene-dev list and also to the world of open source
> development. I am really interested in working under the lucene's hood.

Welcome!

> Can someone please suggest or hand me out some beginner level
> project/assignment which will help me know lucene better and also
> contribute to it.

I believe Steven Rowe picked a few tasks and placed them under the
"Getting your feet wet: where to begin?" of this page:

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToContribute

There are a couple tasks linked there, if none seem appropriate please
let us know, we can try to poke around through JIRA and tag some more
issues... I know there are more sitting out there.

--
lucidimagination.com