lucene-general mailing list archives

From nuessler <shane.nuess...@canberra.edu.au>
Subject finding "2012" in "1/01/2012 0:00"
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 00:19:04 GMT
Hi all,
I'm new to Lucene and would like to know the query to find "2012" in
"1/01/2012 0:00"?

I'm a user of Equella, a learning object repository, and it uses Lucene as
it's search engine. I need to find objects from a particular year. The year
field is a text field (could have been a date field but long story).

At the moment we build a query like this due to wildcard at start of query
limitation.

Query: WHERE Year LIKE "1*2012* OR 2*2012* OR 3*2012* .........  OR
31*2012*"

I want to search for *2012* but cannot because this feature is disabled as
per default.

How do other Lucene users find anything with e.g. "hat" in the text without
know the first character?

Thanks for any help out there.