lucene-general mailing list archives

From tumistry <>
Subject Issue with Lucene.NET "Query" object
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 08:34:19 GMT

I am new to Lucene and right now having an issue in Lucene query. Please
refer the attached screen shot. I provide a query to Lucene with ACL:<GUID>.
After applying to Query object of Lucene it removes the numbers and '-' form
the GUID and hence I get inconsistent result.

My requirement is to provide search result based on permissions, so if a
user role does not have permission to view a perticular video/image/doc I
want to restrict it from Lucene result. To do that I have indexed the
records along with addtional filed ACL (NOT_ANALYZED) that stores ACL of
role the perticular object has permission to.

Please help me in rectifying query to provide some kind of escape char. OR
let me know how do I go about "ACL based search".

Tushar Mistry

Sent from the Lucene - General mailing list archive at

View raw message