lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Don't get results wheras Luke does...
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 23:16:20 GMT

1) allthough i'm not certain, the details of your specific situation most
likelye have to do with the default options set on the QueryParser

2) in general questions like this should be sent to the
java-user@lucene mailing list (not general@lucene) ... i suspect if you
ask your question again on that list you will get a greater number of
helpful responses.

: Dear Lucene-users,
:
: I am a bit puzzled over this. I have a query which should return some
: documents, if I use Luke, I obtain hits using the
: org.apache.lucene.analysis.KeywordAnalyzer.
:
: This is the query:
:
: domain:NB-AR*
:
: (I have data indexed using:
:
: doc.add(new Field("domain", NB-ARC, Field.Store.YES,
: Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED));  )
:
: Explain structure reveals that Luke is employing a PrefixQuery. Ok, now I
: want to obtain these results using my Java application:
:
: //Using the QueryParser, let him decide what to do with it:
:
: Query q = new QueryParser(Version.LUCENE_35, "contents",
: analyzer).parse("domain:NB-AR*");
: System.out.println("Type of query: " + q.getClass().getSimpleName());
:
: // Type of query: PrefixQuery so that's ok
:
: int hitsPerPage = 1000;
: TopScoreDocCollector collector = TopScoreDocCollector.create(hitsPerPage,
: true);
: searcher.search(q, collector);
: ScoreDoc[] hits = collector.topDocs().scoreDocs;
: System.out.println("Found " + hits.length + " hits.");
:
: // Unfortunately 0 hits.
:
: // move on and make specify a Term and PrefixQuery:
:
: Term term = new Term("domain", "NB-AR");
: q = new PrefixQuery(term);
: collector = TopScoreDocCollector.create(hitsPerPage, true);
: searcher.search(q, collector);
: hits = collector.topDocs().scoreDocs;
:
: // Found with prefix 441 hits.
:
:
:
: I tried to lowercase the search query, re-index and made the field:
: Field.Index.ANALYZED but nothing worked...
:
: I have a feeling it is something very trivial, but I just can't figure it
: out...
:
: Anyone?
:
: EJ Blom
:
:
:
:
:
:
: --
: Sent from the Lucene - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
:

-Hoss