lucene-general mailing list archives

From mechravi25 <mechrav...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Data Search while replication
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:29:27 GMT
We would like to know what will happen to the search queries hit on a Solr
server which is a slave instance during the time of replication. Will the
searches fetch the documents from the old indexes? Can some please explain
what exactly happens to the search queries while the replication is in
progress in slave solr instance.

In our application, the master solr instances is used for indexing purpose
and the slave solr is for user search request. Hence the replication has to
happen on regular interval of time. Master solr has around 1.4 million
document(Size : 2.7 GB) and it takes more than 900 seconds for replication.
We have been reported by the users that the search request is taking longer
time during replication.

Thanks in advance. Any pointers would be of great help.