lucene-general mailing list archives

From mechravi25 <mechrav...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Delta Replication in SOLR
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:27:49 GMT
We would like know whether it is possible to replicate only a certain
documents from master to slave. More like a Delta Replication process.

In our application, the master solr instances is used for indexing purpose
and the slave solr is for user search request. Hence the replication has to
happen on regular interval of time. Master solr has around 1.4 million
document(Size : 2.7 GB) and it takes more than 900 seconds for replication.
Even if we update few documents in the master, we have to replicate that to
the slave to make the Slave in sync with master, in this process its taking
too much.

We have a field in the master SOLR which will denote the last added or
updated time (<field name="lastindexedtimestamp" type="date" indexed="false"
stored="true" default="NOW" multiValued="false"/>), so we thought whether we
can replicate the documents from master which were added/updated after the
last Replication time of slave instance which will be available in
replication.properties file. We don’t want all the documents from master to
be replicated to slave. The ultimate purpose is to reduce the time taken for
replication.

Thanks in advance. Any pointers would be of great help.