lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Create index on two unrelated table in Solr
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 01:31:39 GMT

: I want to create index between two tables, stock and auction. Basically I am
: working on a product site. So I have to create index on both tables. and
: they are not related at all.
:
: In data-config.xml, that I created to create index, I wrote the following
: code

If you check your logs, you should see quite a few errors...

:     <field name="stock_ST_StockCode" type="string" indexed="true"
: stored="true" required="true"/>

you've made many other "stock_*" fields required, but none of your
"auction" documents have those field, so they will all be rejected.

:     <field name="auction_iauctionid" type="string" indexed="true"
: stored="true" required="true"/>

you've made several "auction_*" fields required, but none of your "stock"
documents have those field, so they will all be rejected.

:  <uniqueKey>stock_ST_StockID</uniqueKey>

Since stock_ST_StockID is the uniqueKey field, all "auction" documents
will still be rejected for not having the uniqueKey field even if you
modify it's <field/> declaration to no longer be required.

FWIW: Future questions about Solr should be sent to the solr-user@lucene
mailing list (which has more subscribers and is more likeley to generate
project as a whole.

-Hoss