lucene-general mailing list archives

From Tom Deutsch <tdeut...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Invitation: SF Apache Mahout User Meeting (MUM) Nov 29th @ Lucid Imagination HQ (Nov 29 07:15 AM PST)
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 14:06:08 GMT

__________________

For those interested in Apache Mahout in the Bay Area,

I'd like to invite you to a Mahout User Meetup (I liked MUM better than
MUG) on Nov. 29th at Lucid Imagination.  Unlike previous informal meetups
we've had, this one is going to be a bit more formal, in the sense that we
are going to have two speakers giving presentations related to Mahout: Ted
Dunning,  MapR and Grant Ingersoll of Lucid Imagination (me).  Both Ted and
Grant are long time committers on the Mahout project.

Ted's talk:  How and why random projections work?

Mine: Using Mahout to Cluster, Classify and Recommend in Large Scale Email
Collections

Doors open at 6:30 for pizza and drinks.  Talks start at 7:15.

Location, Details and RSVP are at http://sf-mahout-11-11.eventbrite.com.
Please let us know you are coming so we can plan food/drinks accordingly

Hope to see you there,
Grant