lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject SF Apache Mahout User Meeting (MUM) Nov 29th @ Lucid Imagination HQ
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 23:54:53 GMT
For those interested in Apache Mahout in the Bay Area,

I'd like to invite you to a Mahout User Meetup (I liked MUM better than MUG) on Nov. 29th
at Lucid Imagination.  Unlike previous informal meetups we've had, this one is going to be
a bit more formal, in the sense that we are going to have two speakers giving presentations
related to Mahout: Ted Dunning,  MapR and Grant Ingersoll of Lucid Imagination (me).  Both
Ted and Grant are long time committers on the Mahout project.

Ted's talk:  How and why random projections work?

Mine: Using Mahout to Cluster, Classify and Recommend in Large Scale Email Collections

Doors open at 6:30 for pizza and drinks.  Talks start at 7:15.

Location, Details and RSVP are at http://sf-mahout-11-11.eventbrite.com.  Please let us know
you are coming so we can plan food/drinks accordingly

Hope to see you there,
Grant