lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jan <>
Subject Re: Populating a custom Solr field with text extracted from document
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 00:22:47 GMT
Thank you for your reply.

: what are you using to do the crawling?

I'm using Solr within LucidWorks Enterprise. As far as I know LucidWorks
provides a default crawler called Aperture so this is what I'm using.

Thank you also for describing a few of the options to tackle the problem. I
did consider writing some custom parsing code, but wanted to explore
existing options first rather than re-inventing the wheel. I've tinkered
with curl a bit and think that POSTing to Solr may be a suitable approach.

Sent from the Lucene - General mailing list archive at

View raw message