lucene-general mailing list archives

From Wanderer2019 <lonleywande...@mail.ru>
Subject Newbie question - use of SOLR
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:39:16 GMT
Hi,

Im totally new to SOLR and Lucene. So, for now i would really appreciate
some feedback from experienced people.
Im thinkin to use SOLR/Lucene engine for archiving documents. Documents
typically have similar layout with different values in specified positions.
I would like to keep all the docs full indexed. Once user performs search,
id like to return a list of documents that contain searched criterion.
Question - how can i specify area on document to search in?

Lets say i have 1000 full indexed documents, each one has similar data
placed in, with differences in only few areas (id like to search). For
instance, document may have some text in header, body and footer. Each of
this peaces may have some searched word, but, id like to find only those
docs, that contain searched word in body only?

Please give me some suggestions, what to start from, what feature of
SOLR/Lucene i should look into and learn.

Thanks!