lucene-general mailing list archives

From sprateek <127.0.0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: search result and highlighting
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2011 18:35:34 GMT
Thanks Ted!!! :)

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

-----Original Message-----
From: "Ted Dunning [via Lucene]" <ml-node+s472066n3405827h79@n3.nabble.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 11:33:54
To: sprateek<127.0.0.17@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: search result and highlighting

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 4:55 AM, sprateek <127.0.0.17@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> If a particular document contains N occurance of Search term then I was to
> show it as N results in Search result page.  For example if I am searching
> for word 'Hello' and my document contains this word three times then in
> search result it should be shown three times (As different results). I also
> want that in first result only furst hello should be highlighted and second
> result second hello should be highlighted and in third one third hello
> should be.
>
> Please let me know if its possible with Lucene or not.

Yes.  But it will require that you do a bit of coding.

You can pretty easily scan the original result list (of documents each
mentioned once) and create a new list where each match in each document is
mentioned separately.

There isn't anything that does this naturally that I have ever heard of.
 This need is really a function of the presentation layer rather than of the
search layer.

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/search-result-and-highlighting-tp3405250p3405827.html