lucene-general mailing list archives

From salma begumshaik <salma_sh...@infosys.com>
Subject Lucene search -- Concurrent users issue.. If more than 300 users are using at a time search results are getting delayed
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 04:33:27 GMT
Hi

I am using lucene-core-3.0.3.jar for searching. I have implemented the code
as exactly mentioned in Lucene.in.Action.2nd.Edition.pdf.

I am using Tika0.9.jar to index the web pages.

For one user it is working perfectly and getting results within 1to 2 secs.
but when concurrent users for ex 350 users are using the search, results are
getting delayed and it is taking more than 36 seconds.

1) Is there any possible way to handle concurrency issue.
2) Is there any configuration to mention concurrent users.

Thanks in advance
Salma.