lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Search on indexed value not restrictive under one circumstance
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 17:47:24 GMT
: position:"LH on"     - this returns the results for 'position' of "LH on"
: followed by all the results for "LH off", we cannot understand why "LH off"
: is returned in these circumstances for an Indexed search.

wild guess: is this is a text field where "on" listed as a stop word?

if it is, you are just searching for 'position:"LF"' and the result
ordering is a conincidence of length normalization (the "LF on" docs only
contain the one term "LF" and the "LF off" docs cointain two terms, so the
shorter docs score higher)

if that's not it, then we need a lot more info about your schema, your
data, specifics of the queries, the score explanations, etc...

View raw message