lucene-general mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <>
Subject Re: SOLR Sorting algorithm
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:00:24 GMT
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 4:48 PM, BrianK <> wrote:
> by "internal document id" you are referring to a field that is not visible to
> us.  We have an id field, I assume this is not the "document id" field you
> are talking about.  Assuming document id is not available to us, is it
> sorting this ascendind/descending  and is the document id simply a
> sequential number assigned as documents are loaded/indexed by solr?

Correct - it's not a field, but just the internal index or "ord" into
the internal data structures.
It's also transient, in that it can change across commit calls (either by
deleted documents being squeezed out, or by non-adjacent segments being merged).

-Yonik - The Lucene/Solr User Conference

View raw message