lucene-general mailing list archives

From Wick2804 <chris.chadw...@banctec.co.uk>
Subject Search on indexed value not restrictive under one circumstance
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:06:13 GMT
Hi

We have a fairly large Solr repository which is working exceptionally well.
However our customer noticed a strange search result, in that when looking
for a specific value for the field 'position' in an indexed field it returns
another value in addition to the one searched for. The search is:

position:"LH off"     - this correctly returns all results for entries which
are indexed with 'position' of "LH off"

position:"LH on"     - this returns the results for 'position' of "LH on"
followed by all the results for "LH off", we cannot understand why "LH off"
is returned in these circumstances for an Indexed search.

Any help greatly appreciated.