lucene-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fatal Error on Mahout Install and no 'integration' directory in 'trunk' folder
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 21:30:44 GMT
It really looks like you don't have permissions to the directories you are
building.  You may need to change those permissions explicitly or deduce why
that is.

Note especially the line that says:

     cp: cannot create regular file `./lib': Permission denied

This indicates that the directory does not exist as expected.  You have to
look at the results of each step along the way and not blindly continue.

It would also help if you would say which version of Mahout you are using.

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 9:18 PM, tendekai <mayortendi@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been trying to install Mahout the whole day and i have been failing.
> I
> have followed the instructions at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/recommender-documentation.html and I have
> done everything up to installing the mahout core to my local repository and
> the next step is to switch to the "integration" directory but the folder
> does not exist. Here are the contents of my trunk folder at present
>
>
> hduser@ubuntu:~/trunk$ ls
> bin         distribution  LICENSE.txt  pom.xml     target
> buildtools  eclipse       math         README.txt  taste-web
> core        examples      NOTICE.txt   src         utils
>
> After about 4 hrs of trying this,  i tried using a different method
> outlined
> as
>
>
> To build and run the demo, follow the instructions below, which are written
> for Unix-like
> operating systems:
> 1. Obtain a copy of the Mahout distribution, either from SVN or as a
> downloaded archive.
> 2. Download the "1 Million MovieLens Dataset" from
> http://www.grouplens.org/.
> 3. Unpack the archive and copy movies.dat and ratings.dat to
>
> trunk/taste-web/src/main/resources/org/apache/mahout/cf/taste/example/grouplens
> under the Mahout distribution directory.
> 4. Navigate to the directory where you unpacked the Mahout distribution,
> and
> navigate
> totrunk.
> 5. Runmvn install, which builds and installs Mahout core to your local
> repository
> 6. cd taste-web
> 7. cp ../examples/target/grouplens.jar ./lib
> 8. Edit recommender.properties and fill in therecommender.class:
> recommender.class=org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.example.grouplens.GroupLen
> 9. mvn package
> 10. mvn jetty:run-war. You may need to give Maven more memory: in a bash
> shell,
> export MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx1024M
> 11. Get recommendations by accessing the web application in your browser:
> http://localhost:8080/RecommenderServlet?userID=1
>
>
> The errors start at number 7 and nothing from there onwards works. here are
> the results:
>
> *[INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Reactor Summary:
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Apache Mahout ......................................... SUCCESS
> [2:02.024s]
> [INFO] Mahout Build Tools .................................... SUCCESS
> [30.803s]
> [INFO] Mahout Eclipse ........................................ SUCCESS
> [0.528s]
> [INFO] Mahout Math ........................................... SUCCESS
> [36.578s]
> [INFO] Mahout Core ........................................... SUCCESS
> [20:53.757s]
> [INFO] Mahout Taste Webapp ................................... SUCCESS
> [31.689s]
> [INFO] Mahout Utilities ...................................... SUCCESS
> [1:51.972s]
> [INFO] Mahout Examples ....................................... SUCCESS
> [4:33.920s]
> [INFO] Mahout Release Package ................................ SUCCESS
> [0.060s]
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] BUILD SUCCESSFUL
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Total time: 31 minutes 2 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Fri Aug 26 23:14:58 EDT 2011
> [INFO] Final Memory: 95M/367M
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> hduser@ubuntu:~/trunk$ cd taste-web
> hduser@ubuntu:~/trunk/taste-web$ cp ../examples/target/grouplens.jar ./lib
> cp: cannot create regular file `./lib': Permission denied
> hduser@ubuntu:~/trunk/taste-web$ sudo cp ../examples/target/grouplens.jar
> ./lib
> [sudo] password for hduser:
> hduser@ubuntu:~/trunk/taste-web$ cd ..
> hduser@ubuntu:~/trunk$ cd integration
> -su: cd: integration: No such file or directory
> hduser@ubuntu:~/trunk$ cd taste-web
> hduser@ubuntu:~/trunk/taste-web$ mvn package
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Building Mahout Taste Webapp
> [INFO]    task-segment: [package]
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Downloading:
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/mortbay/jetty/jetty-maven-plugin/7.1.2.v20100523/jetty-maven-plugin-7.1.2.v20100523.pom
>
> Downloading:
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/mortbay/jetty/jetty-integration-project/7.1.2.v20100523/jetty-integration-project-7.1.2.v20100523.pom
>
> Downloading:
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jetty/jetty-parent/14/jetty-parent-14.pom
>
> Downloading:
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/mortbay/jetty/jetty-maven-plugin/7.1.2.v20100523/jetty-maven-plugin-7.1.2.v20100523.jar
>
> [INFO] [resources:resources {execution: default-resources}]
> [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
> [INFO] Copying 3 resources
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] basedir /home/hduser/trunk/taste-web/lib is not a directory
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Trace
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: basedir /home/hduser/trunk/taste-web/lib
> is
> not a directory
>        at
> org.codehaus.plexus.util.DirectoryScanner.scan(DirectoryScanner.java:295)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.DefaultMavenResourcesFiltering.filterResources(DefaultMavenResourcesFiltering.java:226)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.ResourcesMojo.execute(ResourcesMojo.java:250)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
>        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
>        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
>        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:362)
>        at
> org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at
>
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at
>
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>        at
> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
>        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>        at
> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
>        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Total time: 5 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Fri Aug 26 23:26:36 EDT 2011
> [INFO] Final Memory: 13M/103M
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> hduser@ubuntu:~/trunk/taste-web$ mvn jetty:run-war
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Building Mahout Taste Webapp
> [INFO]    task-segment: [jetty:run-war]
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Preparing jetty:run-war
> [INFO] [resources:resources {execution: default-resources}]
> [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
> [INFO] Copying 3 resources
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] basedir /home/hduser/trunk/taste-web/lib is not a directory
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Trace
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: basedir /home/hduser/trunk/taste-web/lib
> is
> not a directory
>        at
> org.codehaus.plexus.util.DirectoryScanner.scan(DirectoryScanner.java:295)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.DefaultMavenResourcesFiltering.filterResources(DefaultMavenResourcesFiltering.java:226)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.ResourcesMojo.execute(ResourcesMojo.java:250)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkProjectLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1205)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1038)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:643)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:569)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
>        at
>
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
>        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
>        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
>        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:362)
>        at
> org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at
>
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at
>
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>        at
> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
>        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>        at
> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
>        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Fri Aug 26 23:27:04 EDT 2011
> [INFO] Final Memory: 14M/162M
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *
>
>
> I desperately need to use Mahout for a project. Is there any workaround for
> this or is there an up-to-date tried and tested set of instructions to
> follow?
>
> Regards
> --
>
> Tendi
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Fatal-Error-on-Mahout-Install-and-no-integration-directory-in-trunk-folder-tp3288579p3288579.html
> Sent from the Lucene - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message