lucene-general mailing list archives

From SAMRIDHI <arora.samridhiar...@gmail.com>
Subject Mahout's Flexibility for generating recommendations
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:07:46 GMT
I am currently working on system that generated product recommendations like
those on Amazon : "People who bought this also bought this.."

This is how I plan to do it:

Process the data using Mahout and generate recommendations(data is stored in
MySQL),currently item based only.
Now,I want to apply clustering algorithm to make cluster of users and then
apply the association rules subjective to each cluster
My Question is:

Will mahout provide me enough flexibility to tweak with the existing
algorithms according to my needs.If yes,how?

Is there any better alternative like R?

Please Help!