lucene-general mailing list archives

From "srinu.hello" <srinu.he...@gmail.com>
Subject StandardAnalyzer splits word. EX: key:abc_xyz converts into key:abc xyz
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2011 14:11:00 GMT
Hello All,
           I observed  some unexpected behavior using StandardAnalyzer to
parse the query. Here is the demonstration.

I am passing the query as (key:xyz_abc) && (text:blabla)

Expecting the parsed query to be +key:xyz_abc +text:blabla

Actual Result is +key:"xyz abc" +text:blabla

As per my understanding StandardAnalyzer splits the word boundaries into
multiple words but the above word xyz_abc is a single word. Please correct
me if i am wrong.

I also observed if number is there after underscore the parsed query is as
expected. i.e

If i give the query as (key:xyz_1abc) && (text:blabla) the parsed query is
+key:xyz_1abc +text:blabla

This is the behavior i am expecting.

Please help.

Thanks,