lucene-general mailing list archives

From Valentin <vs...@free.fr>
Subject SolR : Spellchecking & Autocomplete
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 16:25:10 GMT
Hello,

*## __First question :__ ##*

I have *2 handlers* : one for autocompletion, and one for spellchecking.
They are working very well but i want them to be in the *same handler* (the
default one).

I can add one of them to the default handler with :

    <requestHandler name="standard" class="solr.StandardRequestHandler"
default="true">
        <lst name="defaults">
            <str name="spellcheck">true</str>
            <str name="spellcheck.dictionary">suggest</str>
            <str name="spellcheck.count">10</str>
            <str name="spellcheck.onlyMorePopular">true</str>

            ....(stuff for the main request)....

        </lst>
        <arr name="last-components">
            <str>suggest</str>
        </arr>
    </requestHandler>

But i can't do this twice like this :

    <requestHandler name="standard" class="solr.StandardRequestHandler"
default="true">
        <lst name="defaults">
            <str name="spellcheck">true</str>
            <str name="spellcheck.dictionary">suggest</str>
            <str name="spellcheck.count">10</str>
            <str name="spellcheck.onlyMorePopular">true</str>

            ....(stuff for the main request)....

        </lst>
        <arr name="last-components">
            <str>suggest</str>
            <str>spellcheck</str>
        </arr>
    </requestHandler>

Because the spellchecker needs the line :

    <str name="spellcheck.dictionary">spellcheck</str>
wich is already in the handler, but with the dictionnary for the
autocomplete. So how can i do to add both of them to the main handler ?

*## __Second question :__ ##*

If i type "Britny", i want the suggestion "Britney Spears", wich is
spellchecked *and* autocompleted. How can I do that ? Yet, can just do
spellcheck OR autocomplete...

*## __Third question :__ ##*

Why If i type "britne" it autocompletes "britney", but when i type " Britne"
it doesn't find any result ? Here is my field for autocomplete :

    <fieldType name="suggestText" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
words="stopwords.txt"/>
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1"
catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"
ignoreCase="true"/>
        <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt" ignoreCase="true"/>
        <filter class="solr.RemoveDuplicatesTokenFilterFactory"
ignoreCase="true"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
words="stopwords.txt"/>
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0"
catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"
ignoreCase="true"/>
        <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt" ignoreCase="true"/>
        <filter class="solr.RemoveDuplicatesTokenFilterFactory"
ignoreCase="true"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

It has the LowerCaseFilterFactory in the query part AND in the index part,
so I guessed it will convert my query to lowerCase and compare withe the
words stored in lowercase, but obviously not.

Moreover, I would like to have when I type "Britne", "britne" or "BriTnE"
the result "Britney" (and not "britney"). How can I make my
autocompleter/spellchecker *not case-sensitive* ?