lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: How NOT to ignore words normally considered extraneous?
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 02:55:45 GMT

: It seems that Lucene is (by default at least) ignoring and therefore not
: indexing words which may usually be considered extraneous such as "not",
: "who", "the" etc.  For our usage we really need all words to be indexed and
: to be searchable.  Is it possible to configure the indexing process somehow
: so that this can be achieved?

You'll need to be specific about how you are using Lucene.  Most likely
you are using something that is using the "StopFilter" along with a set of
common english words (possible from the default set in the StopFilter
class)

if you change the Analyzer you use to something that doesn't use
StopFilter, or change the word set used by StopFilter, you can change this
behavior.

how you do that depends on how you are using Lucene.

if you are using hte Lucene java library, please send followup questions
to the java-user@lucene mailing list.  if you are using solr, please us