lucene-general mailing list archives

From Nagendra Nagarajayya <nnagaraja...@transaxtions.com>
Subject [Announce] Solr 3.3 with RankingAlgorithm NRT capability, very high performance 10000 tps
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:44:42 GMT
Hi!

I would like to announce the availability of Solr 3.3 with
RankingAlgorithm and Near Real Time (NRT) search capability now. The NRT
performance is very high, 10,000 documents/sec with the MBArtists 390k
index. The NRT functionality allows you to add documents without the
IndexSearchers being closed or caches being cleared. A commit is also
not needed with the document update. Searches can run concurrently with
document updates. No changes are needed except for enabling the NRT
through solrconfig.xml.

RankingAlgorithm query performance is now 3x times faster than before
and is exposed as the Lucene API. This release also adds supports for
the last document with a unique id to be searchable and visible in
search results in case of multiple updates of the document.

I have a wiki page that describes NRT performance in detail and can be
accessed from here:

http://solr-ra.tgels.org/wiki/en/Near_Real_Time_Search_ver3.x

You can download Solr 3.3 with RankingAlgorithm (NRT version) from here:

http://solr-ra.tgels.org

I would like to invite you to give this version a try as the performance
is very high.

Regards,

- Nagendra Nagarajayya
http://solr-ra.tgels.org