lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Sendros, Jason" <Jason.Send...@VerizonWireless.com>
Subject RE: indexing question, please have a look :)
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:59:08 GMT

traffic.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: raygrrr [mailto:raygrrr@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 5:43 AM
To: general@lucene.apache.org
Subject: indexing question, please have a look :)

Hi experts,

I use lucene to only index file's last updated date and path, as
normally I
just need to check what files have been modifed/added from a date range.
so
I am planning to do indexing daily - but I am wondering whether there is
better way for indexing as everytime when I do indexing I need to do it
for
all the files again, is that the correct way to do indexing?

I hope my question make sense :)

Many thanks,
Ray