lucene-general mailing list archives

From eialbur <ronalb...@gmail.com>
Subject Did Neo4j really add XA transactions to Lucene
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 19:52:47 GMT
I am interested in Neo4j (as well as Lucene).  I have seen a number of
postings asking for XA transaction support from Lucene.  Neo4j contends that
they are completely ACID XA transaction compliant, including their use of
Lucene for text indexing.

Is this correct?  Do you know if they got Lucene to fully support the
transactions (e.g. would work if I pulled the plug at an inopportune
moment), or are they just sort-of transactional.

If they are fully transactional, will Lucene take advantage of the Neo4j
open source and provide transactions for everyone (Neo4j volunteered for you
to copy their source).  I would LOVE to use Lucene for the full text
indexing in my mysql database!!

I have misgivings about all of this and would greatly appreciate someone
with a greater understanding than I have stepping up and explaining to me
what's going on here.

Thanks