lucene-general mailing list archives

From YongnanJi <>
Subject Question on synonym function on query.
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:44:19 GMT

I am a newbie. I tried to use synonym. It is set on one field and in the
query analyzer. I set the 'expand' as true and synonym list as:
train, make, machine

I was expecting when I search train or make or machine, I could get the docs
contains all these three words. But the result is that I can only get the
docs with the first word, in this case 'train'.

I checked the 'Analysis' in the solr admin. It shows the all these three
words are correctly process but I just cannot see them from the returned
docs. When I set synonym in the index analyzer, everything works fine. I
feel very puzzled. Wonder if any one could give me an  explanation. Thanks

all best

Y. Ji

Sent from the Lucene - General mailing list archive at

View raw message