lucene-general mailing list archives

From SBS <jturn...@uow.edu.au>
Subject Highlighter doesn't return any fragments for terms towards the end of the document
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 23:23:08 GMT
I have come across a somewhat baffling problem.  I am indexing HTML documents
and one of them is larger than the rest at about 200K.  For some reason when
I search for terms which occur only towards the end of the document (i.e.
after some apparent "cutoff" point in the document), the document itself is
returned as a match but when I call Highlighter#getBestFragments() it
returns an empty array.  This same method returns fragments if the terms
occur in the first part of the document.

So, am I running into some size limitation in either documents or fragments?
What else could be causing this behaviour?