lucene-general mailing list archives

From Anurag <anurag.it.jo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build a Simple Solr search Engine in Java
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 03:38:18 GMT
read this link
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/How-to-edit-compile-the-SOLR-source-code-td477584.html#a2355270

If even then u get error after editing the source files and compiling using
ant command, then there is something wrong with the new source code.

After compiling using "ant dist", a new war file is created in dist folder
or the older is overwritten. u can check this by renaming the old war file
in dist folder and then compiling using "ant dist"  which will create new
war file which u can place in the example/webapps directory to run with
newer version.

does that help?What other things u want to perform on this search engine,
besides searching. If u want to perform crawling , then u can use apache
nutch. Indexing of document can be performed using apache solr . This is
provided on the documentation on solr site.

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Karthikraja8810 [via Lucene] <
ml-node+3053597-1659615979-146354@n3.nabble.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply ..
> I am using solr-1.4.1 version.
>
> i am able to work with the solr.war, which is under the dirctory
> solr-1.4.1\example\webapps
> now  i am able to search using http://localhost:8983/solr/admin
>
> when i try to buid a War with the entire source code and try to use the
> same for search, getting the error i have posted earlier..
>
> even it  is fine with me , if you let me know how to push and indexing the
> document  , so that i can try the same by placing the corresponding code in
> example directory
>
> awaiting for the reply .. thanks..

> below:
>
> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/build-a-Simple-Solr-search-Engine-in-Java-tp3047438p3053597.html
>  To start a new topic under Lucene - General, email
> ml-node+642108-1580214077-146354@n3.nabble.com

Kumar Anurag

-----
Kumar Anurag