lucene-general mailing list archives

From raphael812 <>
Subject Re: Highlighting matching words within a document
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 22:21:47 GMT
I want to build a search engine using the lucene library. i have not used it
before but i am currently studying the book "Lucene in action". i have a
file which is supposed to take two command line arguments one
specfying the directory containing the files to be indexed and another
containing to store the index. I want to run the class file from the command
line using this command

java  -classpath lucene-core-3.2.0.jar:. Indexer  bibletext index

but it says the following

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Indexer (wrong
name: indexer/Indexer)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(
	at Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
Could not find the main class: Indexer. Program will exit.

How can I index a directory containing HTML, PDF, and text files from the
command line so i could run my searches on it. thanks for your anticipated

Sent from the Lucene - General mailing list archive at

View raw message