lucene-general mailing list archives

From SBS <jturn...@uow.edu.au>
Subject Highlighting matching words within a document
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 11:35:32 GMT
This is my first look at Lucene and I am sure this must be a common problem.
I have managed to index all my content and get results from queries but the
question is how do I highlight the matches in a document?  I mean I have
some HTML documents and then I need to display somehow the occurrences
within those documents that match the query.

If the query was a single word then the problem is quite easy but when you
consider that the query can be complex and contain wildcards and compound
expressions, how can I know which words or partial words within the document
are the reasons for the document being returned as a match?

Thanks,

-sbs