lucene-general mailing list archives

From Dave Jones <dh...@comcast.net>
Subject setup and use scenario
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 16:44:09 GMT
Dear Lucene Wizards,

I am trying to do the following:

Given:  all items are book titles
Little Book
The Little Book
The Little Book for Students
The Little Book for Students, Part II
The Little Book for Students at School
I have millions of books in this index.  However, I am scanning text that
has the book titles in the text line along with other information.  I want
to match exactly (highest Lucene score) the "documents" listed above as book
titles.

What is the best way to set up the indices and what is the best way to
querry.  What happens when the query is for "The Little Book of High School
Students" (title not in index).

Your suggestions would be appreciated.  Also, if this type of question has
been asked before, please point me to the appropriate thread.

Query:  "Little Book", "The Little Book for High School Students" (not in
index), etc.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!