lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Special Board Report for May 2011
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 18:50:00 GMT

: > I don't give a fuck if IRC is logged, i don't give a fuck if someone took
: > minutes at a meetup, it's wrong -- it's not how things are done.
:
: Why are we discussing that? honestly, has it happen here in lucene land?

Sorry, i guess i kind of got side tracked from my point...

As far as i know, no decisions have been made unilaterally off list -- but
there has been a decent amount of rumblings about the inappropriateness of
private emails, and private discussions at peoples jobs, and people talking on IRC.

The point i'm trying to make is that none of these things are bad, and no
one is at fault for having these conversations in any of these places --
as long as they are just discussions, and brainstorming, and sharing of
opinions, etc... --- not attempts at making decisions off list.

My secondary point: Even if we start logging IRC, it can not, and must
not, be used for making decisions about the project.  An IRC log is not a
substitute for the mailing list.

-Hoss